All materials on this Site, including, without limitation, names, logos, trademarks, images, text, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, audio clips, video clips, software, and other elements making up the Site (collectively, the “Materials”) are protected by copyrights and other intellectual property rights owned and controlled by us, our affiliates, or by other parties that have licensed or otherwise provided their material to us.
Bluewater Books & Charts Trademarks
The Bluewater Books & Charts company names and logos and all related product and service names, design marks and slogans are the trademarks or service marks of Bluewater Books & Charts subsidiaries or affiliates.
You are NOT authorized to use any Bluewater Books & Charts name or mark in any advertising, publicity or in any other commercial manner without the prior written consent of Bluewater Books & Charts.
The Information We Collect
Through the Services, you can subscribe to our newsletter or participate in one of our online communities. We collect the information, including any personally identifiable information that you provide to us in the course of using the Services. The types of information that may be collected through these Services include, but are not limited to: name, address, gender, e-mail address, telephone number or fax number.
We, our partners, advertisers, advertising networks or other third party service providers, as explained further in the "Collection of Information by Third-Parties" section below, may also collect certain non-personally identifiable information when you visit our web pages, open our emails or otherwise use the Services, including such information as the type of browser and operating system you are using, your IP address, your device identifiers, your Internet or wireless service provider, location-based information, and the content and advertisements you have interacted with, viewed, or accessed. This data may be combined and linked with data from other sources.
How We Use This Information
- We may use your personal information to provide products and services and to support our business functions. For example, we may use this information for the following purposes:
- To process and fulfill your order, including by shipping products to you, or others you designate, and sending emails to you, or others you designate, to confirm your order status and shipment and to process merchandise returns.
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, including marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To communicate with other persons using contact information you provide, such as when you designate another person as the recipient of a refer-a-friend message or a gift.
- To make your shopping experience easier, more enjoyable and more efficient.
- To address problems with and improve our products, brands, services and technologies, as well as to develop new products and services.
- To allow you to use our online technologies.
- To provide consistent, personalized services across all channels and all of our brands, including to personalize our advertising, marketing communications, shopping experiences and promotional offers.
- To organize local community events, promotions and in-store experiences.
- To facilitate social sharing.
- To allow you to enroll and participate in a loyalty or customer relationship program.
- To administer and fulfill our contests or promotions.
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences.
- To prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches and activities that are or potentially may be prohibited or illegal.
- As we believe to be required or appropriate to protect the rights, property, safety and security of Gap Inc. and our employees, customers and others.
- As we believe to be required or appropriate under applicable law, to respond to requests from government authorities and to comply with legal process.
- You always have the choice not to receive marketing information or calls.
- We will not use or transfer personally identifiable information provided to us in ways unrelated to the ones described above without also providing you with an opportunity to opt out of these unrelated uses.
Notice to California Customers
California's "Shine the Light" law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses' practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. As discussed above, if you wish to opt-out of our sharing of your information with third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes offline please click here, or for email please click here. To find out more about your opt-out rights, please contact us as described in the "How to Contact Us" section below.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
Most browsers automatically accept cookies. You can set your browser option so that you will not receive cookies and you can also delete existing cookies from your browser. However, you may find that some parts of the site will not function properly if you have refused cookies or similar tracking technologies and you should be aware that disabling cookies or similar tracking technologies might prevent you from accessing your customer account or make a purchase on our website.
Some of the tracking technologies we may use include:
- Local Shared Objects: Local shared objects, such as .Flash cookies,. also may be stored on your computer or device. Local shared objects operate a lot like cookies, but cannot be managed in the same way. Depending on how local shared objects are enabled on your computer or device, you may be able to manage them using software settings.
- HTML 5: HTML5, the language some Web sites are coded in, may be used to store information on your computer or device about your Service usage activities. This information may be retrieved by us to help us manage our Services, such as by giving us information about how our Services are being used by our visitors, how they can be improved, and to customize them for our users.
- Cache Cookies: Cache cookies, such as eTags, may be used to identify your computer or device as the same computer or device that visited a Service or Services in the past.
These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you, and relate your Service usage information to other information about you, including your personal information. We may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both personal information and Service usage information, and use such information along with offline and online information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information (where that information has been lawfully disclosed to us) for the purposes of learning more about you so we can provide you with relevant content.
We do our best to provide you with a safe and convenient shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to help protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
When you enter your personal information on our websites, we use encryption technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us.
To process your personal data for marketing purposes you have to provide us with your consent. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise that right at any time by contacting us at the address below.
You have the right not to consent to our use of certain Cookies. Please see the section on Cookies for more information on this.
You have the right to access, correct and delete personal data that relates to you, which we hold about you, and to object to the processing of such data. You may exercise this right at any time by contacting us at the address below.
Retention of Personal Information
We will retain your personal information while you have an account with us and thereafter for as long as we need it for purposes not prohibited by applicable laws. Thereafter, we will either delete your personal information or de-identify it so that it is anonymous and not attributed to your identity. Your rights to request that we delete your personal information are set forth in the "Accessing, Correcting, and Deleting Your Personal Information" section above.
Changes To This Policy
How to Contact Us
Last updated: 8/21/2020